A knee-length portrait of Prince Johann of Anhalt (1504-1551) in armour. The painting is subtlely executed with great attention to detail. The boy faces left and is wearing a red beret on his head. He has placed his right hand on his hip and his left hand rests on the hilt of his sword. He wears plated armour exhibiting large rims on the shoulders and has a golden chain with a pendant set with precious stones around his neck. He carries a large sword on his left side and a dagger is visible in his belt.
The original version of the painting by Lucas Cranach was in the Gotisches Haus in Wörlitz until 1918 and has been in Schloss Grunewald, Berlin since 1958.
[Kulturstiftung Dessau Wörlitz; http://www.museum-digital.de/san/index.php?t=objekt&oges=16545; accessed 7 April 2015]