- A. S. Drey, Munich
- 17-18 June 1936, sold at Paul Gaupe, Berlin. Price 3,100 Reichsmarks. Forced sale of liquidation stocks.
- 1937 Private collection, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
- Achibald Blomefield Russell, CVO, FSA (1879-1955), London
- 5 December 2002 purchased by the Galerie Neuse Kunsthandel, Bremen, Germany at the auction house Nagel, Stuttgart. (Sold Pursuant to a settlement agreement with the successors of A. S. Drey. This owner sold the painting at Sotheby's, 9 July, 2008).
- 2008 09.07 purchased by the Peter Moores Foundation from the Galerie Neuse Kunsthandel, Bremen, Germany (lot number 64, Sotheby's, London)
[Compton Verney, revised 2011]
[Exhib. Cat. Brussels 2010, 152]