- possibly Henry Reinhardt and Sons, Inc., New York, New York)
- by 1925 Herschel V. Jones [d. 1928], Minneapolis
- Lydia Wilcox Jones, Minneapolis, by inheritance from 1928 through at least 1936
- Tessie Jones [d. 1967], Newburgh, New York, and Balmville, New York, by descent, through 1968
- bequest to MIA in 1968 (Bequest of Miss Tessie Jones in memory of Herschel V. Jones)
 An photograph of the painting can be found in the curatorial files, from Peter A. Juley and Sons [photographers of fine art since 1896], 219 E. 39th Street, New York, with authentication on the reverse in German by Max J. Friedländer dated "Berlin, November 1925" sent by Henry Reinhardt and Sons on November 20, 1925 with an accompanying letter addressed to Herschel V. Jones regarding "your Cranach."
 Lydia Wilcox Jones was the widow of Herschel V. Jones. His collection passed to her upon his death, and she is recorded as owning the work in 1936. The work then passed to their daughter, Tessie Jones.
[Minneapolis Institute of Arts, revised 2012]